Sunday, February 12, 2012

You, Bloody Bus Number Twenty-Two

You!
You came out of the blue.
You, bloody Bus Number 22.
When here I was, content to wait for Number 57.

I thought I knew which way I was going
So sure of the road I wanted to travel
Even if it was only still in theory.
And so I was happy to wait for Number 57.

Then you came by
And showed me what your route might've been.
A tiny, tiny little peek at your sumptuous secrets,
And I wondered about Number 57.

What spirit you inspired,
What dreams you caressed,
What promises of delights you held,
And I wondered about Number 57.

Should I bide?
Should I take the risk?
Tempted was I, to take that step into the new unknown
And to forsake Number 57.

But before your doors even opened,
You pulled away.
And I was left with regrets
Of what never was
Of what might have been
Of, perhaps, my own imagining.

And I stood there,
Cold,
Wondering about you
Bloody Bus Number Twenty-two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!