Monday, February 21, 2005

Jas 101 - A Crash Course

Stealing a page off her, who stole a page off her. *winkz*

Jas 101 - A Crash Course

1. My mum wanted to call me Stephanie ..

2. .. but I ended up being named after Jaclyn Smith, my dad's favourite (original) Angel.

3. So my mum got her say in it by changing the pronunciation, so my name is pronounced with an 's' (or two) in lieu of a hard 'c'.

4. I was born on the last day of September (which is NOT the 31st!!!), 1980 ..

5. .. which resulted in 80's Rock, Cyndi Lauper, and Wham! being my first exposure to music. One of my earliest memories is sitting in my mother's car singing along to "Wake Me Up (Before You Go-Go)". Yes. Amazingly, music still developed into an eventual passion for me.

6. Sesame Street.

7. AND Moonwalker, the Movie. *rolleyes*

8. When I was six, my mother decided that her children should be prodigies of some sort, possessing half her genes and all, and decided that it would be nice to hear strains of classical piano tunes permeating the halls of our house. Therefore, she carted us (me and my sisters) off to piano lessons.

9. I hated it. I fucking hated it. Saturday mornings used to be Times of Torture. It didn't help that my teacher was a woman with a wicked temper who stood over me and the keyboard with a wooden 30cm ruler and would *SMACK!!* me across the knuckles when my wrists drooped.

10. Imagine what happened the year she got pregnant!! It was then that I refused to leave the house for piano lessons, and when my mother bodily carried me to class, I refused to do a single thing beyond sitting with my arms tightly folded across my chest. She gave up after three episodes of wilfulness.

11. However, piano classes resumed when I was 13, with Miss Wendy, who awakened in me the passion for creating music. Oh, she was one of my first REAL teachers, and I went six grades in three years.

12. I spent 11 years in an all-girls government school, CBN...

13. .. and did NOT turn out socially inept for it, rather it instilled a confidence in me that I might not have gotten anywhere else.

14. I wish I was as smart and as beautiful as Min,

15. and Ben,

16. and Nadia, and Intan, and Anne, Hanim, Azie, Sharm and Amanda...

17. ...all of whom make up the GirlyGirls (!) who taught me all I know of beauty, poise and grace, in every sense of the word. *hugz*

18. I went to Taylor's after high school, to do my A-Levels, where I met a whole bunch of people I couldn't imagine living without.

19. Like Fong, who taught me compassion,

20. and Del, who taught me faith,

21. Don, who taught me strength,

22. and Nadia T., who taught me patience.

23. If there ever was to happen a wonky sort of famine, I could subsist on char koay teow and chocolate mousse alone.

24. I think.

25. My most expensive purchase to date: my beautiful beautiful Maton 12-String Acoustic.

26. I want to race track, but have no money, so it'll have to remain a dream.

27. For now.

28. Cars, I mean. Cars.

29. I did gymnastics for three years in primary school. I had to give it up when I grew too tall.

30. I am somewhere between 5'8" and 5'9"..

31. .. and weigh 67kg. Well, now anyways. Yes, I have put on a bit of weight, so I am now decidedly pudgy...ier. Pudgier.

32. But it's okay, because I am happy. I lose weight when I am unhappy due to lack/absence of appetite, and I'd rather be pudgy..ier and happy than thin and miserable.

33. And I have Faiz to thank for that, who taught me what it is to love, and be loved in return. :o)

34. I could go through life blind, but I never want to live without music; I would wither and die. A good composition is literally capable of moving me to tears with its sheer beauty.

35. On my bedside tables are candles, a mountain of books,

36. a telephone, a stash of chocolates,

37. a dictionary AND thesaurus; all the things you'll ever need in life.

38. is the plate number on my car, which is 8 years old but I won't get rid of because I love it soooooooo much!

39. Something else I love sooooooo much is my three-and-a-half year old brother, Fareed. Life has never been the same since he arrived, he makes all of us so happy.

40. But the thought of having my own children scares the bejeezuz out of me. Commitments don't get larger or more irreversible than that!

41. 31 Flavours for me please. None of that Haagen Daaz shite.

42. Dealing with people drives me bonkers. I detest having to pander to other people's mengada-ness, therefore I will never work in sales and/or marketing. Ugh.

43. Machines. Give me machines that don't talk back any day. *winkz*

44. That's why I chose to study Mechanical Engineering, so I (hopefully!) don't have to work behind a desk. Much.

45. But what I really wanted to study was Zoology,

46. because I feel a compassion for animals, which are trapped by circumstances, that I don't feel for humans who, I believe, cause their own misery.

47. The only exception being babies and children. Good little children, say under the age of nine, who behave themselves, eat their greens and don't talk back.

48. The snotty little brats we should feed to insane, hungry, canniballistic gorillas.

49. *sings* All you need is love, all you need is loove, all you need is looo-ooo-ooo-oooove... ala Moulin Rouge!. *winkz*

50. Which, I think, was a brilliant movie. Baz Luhrmann had a vision alright. I love his 'trilogy'.

51. My Little Pony, Jem and the Holograms, Care Bears.

52. I played gamelan in high school. It was kickass cool.

53. My favorite flowers are madonna lillies, jasmines, prostitute flower (hehe.. tuberose) and roses. In that order. :o)

54. I like perfumes which are 'open-ended' scents. Nothing too sweet, heavy and cloying. My favourites are rose-based.

55. Blue Bunny - Bunny Tracks, Boom Boom Brownie, Super Fudge Brownie. Yumma-yumma. Aaaah! Screw 'Lite'!! *grinz*

56. I have a sweet tooth. *G*

57. Melanie Rawn.

58. Dragons. I have an incurable fascination with dragons. I blame "Flight of the Dragons".

59. 500 Miles, The Proclaimers. The most romantic song I've ever heard.

60. I'm a realist-romantic. An internet quiz told me so. *winkz*

61. I'm also stubborn.

62. I don't know where I get it from.

63. My mother taught me more than I have the wisdom to understand. She's irreplaceable.

64. Famous Amos. Chocolate Chip Macadamia. *drool*

65. Macadamias. *drool*

66. I wish I had a green thumb.

67. I love my sister and brothers. :o)

68. Cherries. Fresh cherries, maraschino cherries, cherry pies, cherry cheesecakes. Cherries Jubilee, Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate. Cherries.

69. I love rock-climbing. Artificial rock-climbing. Not very superb at it, but I love it.

70. Silverhawks, Transformers, Voltron.

71. Before I turn 60, I must a) get a navel ring, b) go skydiving, c) get a scuba divers' licence, d) travel the world.

72. One out of four ain't too bad. I've got 35 years and a bit to go.

73. Land a job I'll be happy at. If it pays well, it'll be a bonus.

74. Sun, sun, sun, sand, sea and surf. I am a born beach baby. I believe I was an iguana in a past life.

75. If I were an animal, I'd be a cat. Independent, keeping to myself, apathetic, and when I want to manja I'll come looking for you. *lol*

76. I love to bake. It relieves stress. My best? Pineapple tarts, my grandmother's recipe.

77. A perfect quiet day? Sprawled under a tree on a cool day, reading. No ants/mosquitoes. Or sprawled in the sun, on a beach, dozing, working on a nice tan. No sleazy pot-bellied mat sallehs offering me RM300 or mosquitoes. Yeesh.

78. I am slighty lactose intolerant. Ice-cream doesn't count. It's not milk. It's ice-cream. ;oP

79. Johnny Rzeznik is the Most Beautiful Man on Earth.

80. And the Goo Goo Dolls are my favouritest band.

81. Mike Melanin inspired me to pick up drumming..

82. .. and I've already achieved Grade 5!

83. .. in one-and-a-half years! *grinz* Sorry, a bit proud of myself there if I do say so meself. :o)

84. I periodically suffer from insomnia. Couldn't you tell? :o)

85. Shiraj's Honey Chicken. Mmmmmmmm ....

86. Black Adder. Fawlty Towers. And recently, Father Ted. :o)

87. Pink. The colour.

88. *warbles* Diaaaaaamonds are a girl's best frieeeeeeeeend! *G* It doesn't just end there though. lolz. My favourite gems are sapphires. And I favour princess cuts.

89. I have been bringing home stray mogs since I was five. We currently have three cats, which are not mogs, but it's the only thing that keeps me from bringing home lost kittens.

90. I can't wait to start living on my own.

91. I never have enough clothes.

92. And I will never own a credit card. No willpower. Not in that department.

93. I believe in karma. What goes around, comes around.

94. I believe in the Natural Law, and I believe it rules Supreme. Some people call it God, some people don't.

95. And I believe in Absolute Good, and Absolute Truth.

96. But I also believe chocolates are the only vitamins anyone ever needs to maintain excellent mental health, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

97. Or do I?

98. Perfect pizza topping: pineapples, mushrooms, green peppers, turkey ham, pineapples, black olives, tomato slices, pineapples, onions, cheeeeeeeeeese, chilli flakes, and oh, have I said pineapples? *winkz*

99. Lay's Salt & Vinegar *pucker!*

100. God Bless the Internet.

101. World Peace, and an end to World Hunger.

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Bless y'all. Toodles.
XOXOXO

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Feeling:

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!