Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Inggeris Patience

Ugh. I suppose I was wrong when I assumed professionals could, nay, should be able to speak English well, but despite reading the hilarious accounts of MrsNad's boss, the BOIW from Inggeris-hell, I still stubbornly, naively held on to my belief that working people, especially those working in offices, could speak it well. I really should have known better. All I could do was sit there, just short of stuffing tissue in my mouth to muffle the incredulous laughter.

"Harllow? I am calling from Company X. Yes, I am calling regarding the documentaries I lee-see-ving from you fax me ah. Yes, I lee-seeve alreddi, but this is my first time come across this, so I need your adwisement? ... Oh, ok. So I will get the authorization signatories from my boss and fax return it to you? Ok. Teng kyoooop." [hangs up]

oh, and my boss, while not so hopeless, had this to say about one of the company's products:

"Our system is virtually maintenance-free, and almost never breaks down! Of course, after a while - maybe 10 years - there might be some minor problems, but breakdown? I'd say .. only once in a full moon! Guaranteed!"

I kid you not.

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Feeling:

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!