Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Guess Who's Moving On?!!

So I went for the interview, almost peed in my pants and talked back to the person who had the final say .. and I landed myself a job! :o)

Oooooh .. my first 'real' job! I've been working with mummy dearest and uncle(s) since I got out, and although I suppose I did actually work, it really didn't feel like it. There was no sense of accomplishment, no sense of real achievement, and it was wholely unfulfilling. It may have been due to the fact that privately, I thought it was a sort of copping-out, but whatever it was, it made me feel .. useless. Under-achieved. Under-utilised. Stagnant.

Stifled.

And so this is the beginning of (finally!) being able to cut them apron strings. Yes, the ones I have been straining against for so many years, but have been unable to sever due to financial dependency.

And I'll finally be able to discover what I'm really capable of, to test my limits, see just how good I really can be, to prove myself. Not to just anyone, but to me.

I don't know how people can be satisfied with dead-end jobs. Jobs that don't challenge you, repetitive jobs, no-brainer jobs. I couldn't stand to be stifled like that, I would wither and die.

.. Which probably automatically puts me out of the running for the "Most Loyal Employee" Award, but hey, some things are more important than getting a cushy pension package. Like being happy and satisfied with something you'll have to do day in, day out, minimum 5 days a week for approximately the next thirty years, for instance. It is a VERY lucky person who's able to love her job and be paid well for it at the same time, but I think it's lucky just to love your job, period. Alls I's knows is I think no matter the size of the paycheck, nothing could be worse than waking up in the wee hours of the morning and feel nothing but loathing at the beginning of the day. Things can only get worse from there.

.. Unless, of course, you won the lottery.

.. Maybe. ;o)

So I got myself a job, all by myself. I don't know if I'll like it, but it's somewhere to start.

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Feeling:

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!