Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Oh, Solitude!

Solitude is a necessary thing. In small doses. I suppose.

I barricaded myself in my room. Nobody bothered me all day. I only just went down to get something to eat, now that everyone is asleep.

What peace! What blessed silence!!

I don't know why I need it, but I do. I need the solitude, the silence. I need whole chunks of time away from people, to be alone with just me. And my books. My music.

The past few weeks I've been over-exposed to people needing me for this, people wanting me for that, people demanding my attention NOW NOW NOW!!! ... For a semi-hermit like me, it all was just too much. I can handle a lot of things, but if I have a failing, it is the inability to handle the incessant yapping of people I just DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS about, clamouring over each other for my attention over the most trivial and inconsequential of matters; things which, to them, are of UTMOST importance, their magnitudes blown wholely out of proportion by people who do it because they MUST feel important about themselves.

Self-important Fuckers.

Not even home is a refuge when you have nine other people living under the same roof. It's been driving me insane. The past few days I've been totally out of my mind. I swear I went bonkers. Something just snapped. Now that I've had a whole day and a bit of ABSOLUTELY NO CONTACT with another person, I've only just begun to realise what the problem really was. Well, I always kind of knew what the problem was, but am now only realising that there was a bit more to it than I initially thought.

What it essentially boils down to is that I need somewhere I can be myself. For whatever. I need to have a place to call my own, somewhere for me to hide when I need to. When I was younger I used to be able to find my refuge in books. I would bury myself in them, and when I finally emerged, I'd find I'd've read my worries away. For unknown reasons, it no longer works. I find that nowadays I need something more physical, and of late I find the need for private, personal space growing stronger and stronger. More urgent.. and almost desprately necessary.

The logistics of it, however, needs to be worked out first. So far, it's not working out. Yet. I don't know how much longer I can hold up, but hopefully it'll be long enough for me to work something out. It's not much of a choice, really, and with some luck (well, a lot of it really!!) I won't have to wait very long.

I'm going to watch some Southpark now. It always cheers me up. :o)

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Feeling:

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!