Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Yo-gagony & Pi-aching-lates

My aching body! Oh my poor poor pooooor aching body! It never gets better. Never! Every week I go, I keep thinking that this week, sap sap sui! (piece of cake) But nooooooo ... They'll introduce yet another new move which will leave my muscles juddering and sweating buckets. I tell you, I sweat more lying on that yoga mat than I do half an hour of proper workout on the treadmill! How is that possible?

I'm hoping, of course, that there will be some outcome to all this! Preferably noticable. ;op And tiring as it is, though, and ache as I might for the whole following week, I love it. *G*

I know that Pilates and Yoga are meant to complement each other, but I don't know, I prefer yoga to pilates. Got more seni la. It's more .. genteel, more fluid, concentrating not only the 'physical' part of it, ie. stretching, etc., but also the grace of the movements, the art in the exercise. Pilates, however, is more straighforward, concentrating on making the most out of the workout. I think it's very abrupt. An hour of yoga seems to fly by whereas an hour of pilates feels .. well, like an hour of pilates. :o) I always, always walk out of yoga sessions floating. The aching only starts tomorrow.

Exercise!! I wouldn't call myself a health-freak, faaaaar from it! I love my Burger King deep-fried Go Mozzerella! cheese fingers too much. OMG, few things are more delicious and comforting than that! Breadcrumbs-coated, deep fried mozzerella cheese sticks! How much more artery clogging can things get! Lolz .. but I do try to be somewhat sensible about it, I've limited myself to having it only once a month - at most. I don't think it is an unreasonable compromise. *G*

Hmm .. where was I? Oh yes. Exercise! I never thought I'd ever see the day I'd willingly exercise, even look forward to it, but I suppose I really do enjoy it! *cough*

Frankly speaking, I find the cardio work to be a bit of a chore, but I've found that you really do feel better after exercise. Tired, sweaty and somewhat out of breath, but really energized as well. A sort of buzz. I don't know. It could, of course, just be the shortage of oxygen to the brain that makes me delusional, but hey! You can't beat that kind of feel-good high! :o)

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Feeling:

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!