Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Anonymity Is Underrated.

There's a lot to be said of the benefits of being anonymous. Like, DUH, Jas! *D'oh!* <- Homer Simpson style. People use blogs (or online-journals, or whatever it is you choose to call it) for many different reasons. Some as an actual diary, some to practise their writing skills, some to inflate their own egos, and (like someone said) some simply to tell the world about their screwed up lives and blacken other people's names in the process. (!!!) Huh.

For me, like I said in my very first entry (I think), this is a place for me to share my thoughts, vent my frustrations, and share my joys with others. Someone, anyone, no one. That's the beauty of publishing on the Internet. Nobody necessarily reads your writing, yet it feels as if someone does.

Another beauty of the Internet is the option of anonymity it offers. Sometimes I wish I had opted for that.

While I don't mind sharing my thoughts and joys with other people, it's sometimes hard to write the things you want to write about without intruding on the privacy of others. Because people know you, they also usually mostly know who you're talking about. Sticky. She would know exactly what I'm talking about.

Thing is, honestly, this is a good place for me to rant and bitch and complain whenever I need to. Well, 'good' here being totally relative, of course. It's definitely good for me. Heh.

Unfortunately, sometimes, I can't. Much as I need to rant and let it all out, I cannot ignore the boundaries of other people's privacy, no matter how much the rant-ee has pissed me off. And it all makes me wonder why the hell I didn't just be anonymous from the start.

But I know why: because otherwise, who would read it? lolz. Yes, ladies and germs, it's Ego, screaming for it's time on the soapbox. *Sigh* Yes, I also realise that my logic is chasing its own tail somewhat, but pteh. I never claimed to be logically coherent. :o)

So I'll just have to suffer the pains of my Ego. Maybe I'll start another blog as an Anonymous. Hmm .. yes, maybe I will. I'll be sure to give you guys the new address.


p/s: No, I'm not pissed off with anyone. Just musing. :o)

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Yes, yes, I know that it is unacceptable to begin sentences with 'and', 'but' and 'because', but frankly, I never understood it, and they fit, so nyeh.

A woman is in labour delivering her first child, and her husband stands by her side, holding her hand. A contraction hits her unawares, and she starts yelling, "Can't! Don't! Didn't! Won't!!!"

"Doctor!" says the panicked husband. "What's wrong with my wife?! Why is she yelling like that?!!"

The doctor looks up and says, "Contractions."

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Unkymoods! They were too cute to resist. Thanks to MzMin, MrsNads and HoneyR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!