Sunday, October 24, 2004

Tomorrow, It's Only A Day Away

Insomnia is an old friend. I haven't seen her in a while, but she's on an extended visit this time around. I been able to catch not a wink of sleep in 36 hours, and I'm weary.

I guess that the word for it: weary. I've had a lot of things running through my mind, and I wish I could make them stop.

I wish I could start things anew. I wish I could leave the baggage of yesterday behind and instead embrace the promises of tomorrow. I wish I could drop the weight of yesterday's ghosts.

But you can't, can you?

Sometimes you're just so overwhelmed, it overcomes everything else so absolutely, and you're left wondering, "What now?"

If wishes were horses, I would have a Jaguar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!