Saturday, June 26, 2004

Painting the Town Red

Went to the Men's Health Readers' Choice Party at Budabar at the pleading of IpohBoy. Although I was initially reluctant (seeing as how all other mag parties I've attended have been, without exception, the most boring parties ever) I gave in because I'm a softie and can't resist when I'm someone's last resort. Ehhh??!! Where's your pride, girl?!!! Well, I wasn't really last resort. I was invited first, declined, then I was last resort.

My sister says I caved in because, deep down, I actually sayang him, despite all the ranting and raving over how much he annoys me, but the simple truth is that I can't stand it when people start pleading. I won't budge an inch when people demand things of me, but the moment they start pleading, yeesh. I can't bear it! And just to get them to shut up, I give in. Note to self: Must learn to say NO! Seriously though, I really have to stop giving in to people this way.

Fortunately, this was one time I didn't regret saying No. Not to say the event was the best time I ever had in my life, but it was actually entertaining. The venue was one I've been meaning to check out anyway, and despite my misgivings, it more than comfortably accommodated the crowd. Free (good) food too! Although I found out later that I wasn't supposed to be partaking of the buffet spread as it was reserved for 'special guests'. Hey, I think I'm pretty special! Hehe. Nevertheless, the food was happily digesting in my tummy by then, so whatever. Also, unlike other mag parties, they had a pretty good MC (Paula Malai Ali is sooo boring!) who roused up the crowd pretty well.

Best of all, tho, were the presents! Heeheee! Door gifts were standard. Some Biotherm samples and other bits. What really got me happy-as-a-clam was the RM250 (or so they claim) L'Oreal products I won! By trying to 'seduce' the crowd! *Goes beet red* Yah yah, it was one of the games they had lined up, and I got the MC to make IpohBoy go up on stage, and he literally dragged me along with him (which I tell you I no small feat as I'm haaaardly a skinny wisp of a person!). My God, he's strong! I tell you, had I been wearing more stable shoes (4-inch stilettoes, Cik Stiletto! whoop!) and dug in my heels, I swear he would have probably carried me up onto the stage!

So there we were, 3 men and 3 women, totally clueless as to what we had to endure to win some 'prizes'. Then we were told to seduce the crowd. Urp! Not going too heavily into embarassing details, I thought for sure the guy who almost took off his pants (!) would win. I forgot it was a male-heavy crowd .. so I ended up winning! Not bad, huh? So if I'm 'seductive' enough (ya right!) to win the contest, HOW COME I'M STILL SINGLE?!?!!! I swear, it was the short skirt that did it. Lolz.

But I got lots of cool hair product thingies! And I also got a proper make-up box, which I have been wanting to buy but have been short on cash! Yay! lolz ....

Then MrMucho, Doggie and I went to Frangipani at Bkt Ceylon. Very nice bar, nice place to chill with friends and chat. Well, if you're into that sort of thing. Lovely decor! My only complaint was that it was 95% gay men. Urgh. Not that I have a problem with gay men, it's just that that percentage doesn't leave me with much options! Not only that, what 5% of the men there who weren't gay were ugly. Drat! Haha! Macamlah dia tu cantik sangat! :oP Ah well. Met a couple MrMucho's friends (one gay man, the other said gay man's straight girl best friend). Nice people. Will definitely keep in touch with them.

Yawn. Having just got home, I shall have to resume with my packing. So far, nothing is packed! Haha! And seeing as how MrMucho will be swinging by at 10am tomorrow to drive up to Penang, I don't think I'll be getting any sleep tonight. Must make sure I bring everything! Besides, I can always sleep in the car.

Note: It's been on for 8 hours, and Stila Smudge Pot eyeliner still has not run!! Miracle eyeliner, this is! *G*




You're Les Miserables!
by Victor Hugo
One of the best known people in your community, you have become something of a phenomenon. People have sung about you, danced in your honor, created all manner of art in your name. And yet your story is one of failure and despair, with a few brief exceptions. A hopeless romantic, you'll never stop hoping that more good will come from your failings than is ever possible. Beware detectives and prison guards bearing vendettas.

Take the Book Quiz at the Blue Pyramid.




You're Sudan!
Every time you get a headache, you reach for some aspirin, only to realize that someone destroyed it.  That's just how things are going for you right now... it's hard to eat, hard to sleep, hard to not have a headache.  You try to relax, but people always jump on you about something that doesn't make sense.  If you were a goat, you'd be a Nubian.

Take the Country Quiz at the Blue Pyramid




You're Mexico!

While some people think you're poor and maybe a little corrupt, you know where it's at, enjoying good food and nice beaches.  You like to take things a little slower than those around you, and you really wish the air were cleaner, but sometimes compromises must be made.  For some reason, Chevrolet keeps trying to sell you Novas as well, even though they don't really go.
Take the Country Quiz at the Blue Pyramid



haha! These quiz results are so funny!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting article, added his blog to Favorites

    ReplyDelete

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!