Sunday, July 11, 2004

Lost In Paradise

*Catching my breath*

How come eventhough I'm currently unemployed, enjoying a loooong break between the end of my schooling and the beginning of a career, and no longer worrying about my results, I STILL don't have enough hours in a day?!!

... although the difference may be that I've been filling up all my time with the pursuit of leisure instead of breaking my back over books or work. Muahahahhaaaaa!! ;oP

It's nice, not having much responsibility beyond buying food for my cats every two weeks. (Even then it's not that much of a chore because it gives me an excuse to go to Pet Safari at Ikano and chat with that cute employee who keeps giving me discounts, free kitty treats, and, not to mention, the eye. *winkz*)

So I spend the rest of my day(s) with DrMucho, who is also currently on a break, going to the gym (and checking out the mucho macho gym instructors who, btw, don't pay us the slightest attention, but are nonetheless yummy eye-candy) and shopping, window or otherwise. I tell you, it's absolute suicide on my bank account going to any mall with decent shops with him! I've resorted to leaving my ATM cards at home and carrying only RM50 when I'm out with him. Thank God I refuse to do credit cards! I must confess though, that this strategy is only half as effective as I would like it to be. Things like the Zara Sale are so hard to resist ….

But (yes, I know it's wrong to start sentences with 'But', BUT I'm not writing a term paper, eh? We can all be informal here. *winkz*) .. but these are the 'ordinary' diversions of my days. A few days ago, I had the good fortune to be treated to a full-day spa treatment at the Sembunyi Spa at the CyberView Lodge. I will now shamelessly describe this magnificent experience of leisurely decadence to all!

I’ve always been curious about this spa, curiosity which was no doubt borne out of reading countless articles about it in the media. (Bombardment advertising really does work!) Unfortunately, always (as the Kemaman-ese put it) adok seng (ie. no money).

Then, out of the wonderful wonderful blue, Mum decides she wants a mini-getaway. Initial plans of a family trip to Tioman had to be scrapped due to the fact that there were no available seats on the flights to Tioman on all weekends till the end of the season, and Her Royal Highness turned her nose up at driving down all the way to Mersing. *Sigh* But perhaps it was a good thing that the Tioman getaway didn’t work out, as she then decided that the next best thing was a spa treat! So with all three daughters in tow, she converged on the Sembunyi Spa like a Regal Royal with her entourage of dayang-dayangs.

We arrived at 11am, and were introduced to the various services offered. We all ended up taking a full-body, 6-hour treatment, which was aptly named “Lost In Paradise”. It was a “Spa Lover’s Dream!” which consisted of a bath, body scrub, wrap and massage, facial, hair treatment, and lunch.

The wonderful day began with a sauna/steam room and hot and cold jacuzzi session, and a ginger drink which tasted somewhat noxious at first, but left a lovely aftertaste. It was apparently a ‘detoxifying tonic’ the spa had concocted, and hooooboy! Detoxifying, I kid you not! That little cuppa, I believe, had me tinkling every half an hour! Me, whose (unfortunate) powers of water retention are almost legendary! Maybe that’s why I kept going, kot...

At noon, a whole bevy of spa therapists converged upon us in the wet spa, eager to start us on our respective treatments. My therapist was this lovely, small Balinese girl called Wayan.

Mum and I were led to the Mayang Sari Suite. Sweet... It wasn’t plush, nor was it opulent, but impressive it certainly was. It was rich and indulgent in an unassuming way. Very tasteful. No wonder the Schumachers come here every year, without fail (or so we were told..)

First up on the menu: Balinese Massage. I actually wanted the Thai Massage, but it wasn’t an available option that day. Pooh. I selected the use of some sort of ginger aromatic oil for my treatments as I found it fragrant, but unobtrusively so. I was also told that it had a somewhat warming property. What they failed to tell me, though, was its sensual-bordering-on-erotic effect.

Whooooo! That oil made me .. high. In a sensual way. I’m not sure if it was Wayan’s massage skills, or the oil, or the whole mood of the day, or maybe it was all of it, but my senses were on overdrive. It’s a bit of a paradox, really. All the senses were fully awake, so aware, but at the same time, the body is totally relaxed, to the point where when she asked me to flip over, I almost asked her to get a crane and flip me over herself.

But the oil! The subtle sharp-sweet fragrance of the oil coupled with the smooth, long strokes of the massage, and the incredible heat coming off Wayan’s hands .. *phwoargh* It was so incredibly .. sensual! And that was with a female masseuse! Had it been some male massaging me, it would have undoubtedly crossed over into utterly sexual! Note to self: Must remember to get that oil for .. *ahem* .. future .. *cough* .. purposes. Also, must learn to give Balinese Massage. *lascivious grin* I meant to get a bottle then, but the amazing languor I was in when we left made me unable to think beyond ±10mins of present time, so I only remembered the next day. I swear, that oil makes me want to get a guy just so I can give him a massage (.. and receive one in return, maybe? Hehee...)

After a blissful 90 minutes, we were given a body scrub and wrap. I opted for the lulur scrub and floral and yoghurt body mask, which lasted another 90 mins. I never thought that someone slathering yoghurt all over my body could ever feel so good! *shivers with delight!* This was followed by a 20 minute milk and blossoms bath. Aaaaah .. Pure decadence.

At 3pm, we finally took a break for lunch. Chiew! Even the lunch is spa-ish-ly healthy-rich! Grilled salmon sandwiches, lite-Ceasar’s salad, baked potato wedges and healthy juice punches and smoothies ... *swoon*

Half an hour later, our therapists lined up outside the dining lounge to collect us for the remainder of our treatments.

Facial time! I chose to have the Papaya and Oatmeal Scrub, which promised to “tame (my) temperamental skin”. It started with a floral and yoghurt ‘cleansing’ massage, that was followed by the scrub, then a mask. The scrub smelt so yummy I had to sorely resist taking a lick just to see what it tasted like! Soon, I fell asleep and stayed that way until Wayan came in and slapped a cold towel on my forehead. OOOoooooohhh ...... sejuk!

The hair treatment ended the session, and we finally left the spa at 6.30pm, floating on cloud nine. I have never been so pampered, my skin has never been so smooth (baby-smooth!), my hair so soft and well-behaved, my face so gebu-feeling, my muscles soooo relaxed .....

For three days after, I was the most fragrant I’ve ever been! Even when I went to the gym, my God! My sweat never smelt so good! Betul! Tak tipu!!

Apart from the treatments, I think the general ambience of the place had a lot to do with it as well. The structures were simple, but impressive, nonetheless. The décor was uncluttered, the layout of the place very easy and relaxed. Soothing music piped out of hidden speakers and the serene trickling of water could be heard all over the place (which, perhaps, could have greatly contributed to my ... ‘detoxification’). The atmosphere was remarkably serene and unhurried, totally conducive to relaxation. The architects/designers/staff did a superb job of creating this little haven and infusing an air of .. unconcerned-ness. All concerns to be checked-in at the front desk along with handphones, to be collected at the end of the day. Yes, there is a strict no-handphones rule at the spa.

Haha .. this may be due to my perverseness, but one of the things I liked best about that place was not having to worry about what I was wearing, or how I was wearing what, because most of the time, you’re wearing nothing. Except for a pair of almost-non-existent paper panties, of course. I think that I might have been a nudist in a past life. I just love it. Heheee..

Yes, it cost a fair bit, but as we had taken full-body package, it was a good deal cheaper. What’s more, the package hadn’t cost as much as I thought it might have. Also, since we went on a weekday, we were entitled to a 20% discount. Not bad at all. In the end, a full day’s worth of pampering and hand-and-feet treatment had us slightly less than RM500 poorer per person. It was worth every single sen. *winkz*

Everyone should experience this at least once! I have resolved to do it once every two or three months. *ahem* Once I’m earning my own wages, of course. Nak pergi every month tak mampu pulak ... :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!