Thursday, August 12, 2004

Odd Thoughts - And I Do Mean ODD ....

It's been an ... interesting .. two weeks. A lot has happened, a lot to think about, yet, nothing really happened at all. It's weird. But like the title sez, ODD thoughts. ;o)

These past two weeks, I found myself veing reaquainted with many people I haven't seen, or have barely seen in years. It all started, I suppose, with the GGWeekend. Details of the weekend can be found here and here, so there's no real need for me to be repeating after everyone over that.

The GirlyGirls. Aaah, how much less colourful my life would be without them! Bless you, girls. Although I must honestly admit that I'm not as close to some of them as they are with each other, it's so wonderful knowing that if you're ever in need, there will always be someplace you can fall back on. Despite not being as close, I know that should any one of them need my help, I would be there in a second.

That weekend we did nothing more than enjoy each other's company. Okay, okay. There was a bit (LOT!!) of running around to 'meet schedules' etc. but essentially we did nothing more than just enjoy each other's company.

I found that to be a rare event for me. I don't get to do that much anymore. I don't think I have since the days of slumber parties at MzMin's way back when we were still in high school. The weekend brought back all those feel-good feelings. Worries were left at home, late nights and wee hours of the morning spent playing gin rummy (Ed: Where MrsNads made a super Grand Slam which left the rest of us in the dust) over idle chatter, girly self-spa sessions, gossiping, and on one night, an impromptu, though (thankfully!) short-lived farting contest. Yes, girls fart. Some more loudly than others, one louder than most. *snicker*

Nothing of great significance happened that weekend, yet, the weekend was in itself unsurpassably memorable. At the risk of sounding cliche, I'll never forget that weekend. I'll always remember how doing absolutely nothing with friends, real friends, can be so good, so essential for my inner well-being. I'll never forget, either, how necessary it is to have REAL people for friends; people who don't see the point of playing mind games, people who are truly sincere, people who are essentially, fundamentally good. Bless you, girls. Much love from me.

Sometime during the past week I also met up with a friend from my A-Levels days, whom I haven't seen in, oh, almost a year. We shall refer to him, henceforth, as TheHusband. Hehe. No, no story. Just a long-standing joke. Sexy, sexy boy. The very strongly silent type, but you know how purr-a-licious them brooding-types can be. *wink* We barely exchanged 20 words the whole one-and-a-half years of A-Levels, but on the 6-hour bus ride to Pangkor (post-grad celebration trip), we were exchanging life stories as if we were long-lost childhood friends. Anyway, we went out for dinner, and spent the whole night chatting, sharing our joys and disappointments.

And then there were all those people I dated in the past calling me up again. It's amazing how years went by without a word from them, then several called up in the space of two weeks. They were just calling to say hi, which isn't as suspicious as it might normally be, coz I parted on friendly terms with most of them. Not like there were many... However, with all of them, things just picked up where we left off - as amiable friends. They've always been in the back of my mind, and apparently, as I have been in theirs. It just made me see how friendships are capable of transcending time. The years in between melted away as if they never existed.

I don't know why I'm writing about all this, really. Alah, panjangnya cerita! I've always been verbose. My whole point is, I guess I have more friends out there than I initially thought. There are times where I sometimes have no idea where, or who to turn to, and it throws me into such despair. I suppose I do the opposite of taking friends for granted. I don't give them their due credit. These two weeks have shown me that there are people out there who care about me, about my well-being, even if I don't know it. As they say, everyone has at least one guardian angel. I've only just realised how many I really have. I should count my blessings more often.

Thanks, every one of you. For so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!