Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Under The Weather

I'm as sick as a dog. No, not that kind of sick. I'm ill, lah! I think I'm coming down with a fever/cold. My head feels like it's stuffed-to-exploding with wet cotton, my eyeballs feel like they're about to pop out of their sockets, my nose feels like it's being plugged with an industry-sized drain stopper, and my throat couldn't be more raw had I tried to outshriek Chester Bennington 13 concerts running.

What's worse is that I can't taste a thing, which makes me constantly, raveneously hungry. What's weird is that eventhough my sense of taste is kaput, I have this insatiable craving for cheese. Melted cheese over bread pieces in my tomato soup. It's all I could stand to eat today. I've already guzzled down two cans of Campbell's Tomato Soup, half a packet of cheese, and about half a loaf of bread - but I'm STILL hungry! The only reason I am not still eating is because I am shuddering at the thought of what this is doing to my diet. Ish. So much for following (or trying to) HoneyR's good example! Humph!

Being sick has it upsides, however. I got the rest of the day off work. Yahoo! Sure, I was too out of it to do anything fun with my half "day off", but I got to sleep the rest of the day away. The things you take for granted when you're not working. Ish ish ish.

Also, MrMechanic brought over some chicken porridge when he heard I was sick. Tee hee. So what if it was McDonald's and he forgot to ask them to leave out the oil and garnishing which made my throat itch worse, and that I had to answer the door looking like Frankenstein's worst nightmare? It's the sweetest thing anyone who's courting me has done for a loooooong looooooong time.

He sat with me while I finished my porridge (terpaksa telan!!) and handed me tissues to blow my nose. I have no doubt I looked quite the fright, but when your head feels like it's being pounded on by Donkey Kong, you tend to let go of some hang-ups. You have more important things to be concerned about than whether your shirt brings out the best in your red-rimmed eyes. But if he wasn't cringing at the hacking cough and foghorn-like nose blowing, then I suppose it wasn't that bad. :o) Then, he fetched a bowl of ice-cream from the kitchen for me. Awwww. And it didn't even matter that he took 15 minutes to get it, and that the kitchen looked like it had been raided by the hungry forces of Attilla the Hun when he was done. Goes to show that men should really be kept out of the kitchen!

A girl could get used to being courted like this. *winkz*

Who is this MrMechanic, I hear you ask? Remember the younger man I was whining about? Yep, that'd be him. He's been pretty sweet these past few months, and despite my initial misgivings, I find myself rather liking being treated like his princess. Sure he's still a bit gawkish, but rather than irritating me, I find myself becoming rather fond of my grease monkey. Today topped it all. Good God, I haven't quite fallen yet, but I think I've tripped and sustained a serious sprain!

See how far you can get by being sweet to women? I don't think any of us are totally unsusceptible to it. *laughs* We like knowing we're the Queen of your lives. Once you make us feel that, we'll give you the world.

~@~

p/s: I just got the results of my ill-fated drum exam today. Not so ill-fated after all! I scored a high Merit! Yipee! I missed Distinction by 2 points. Dang. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut at the end .... *winkz*

Today's such a good day! (Yes, despite being ill.) I haven't felt quite so lighthearted in weeks! Now, if only Amir Yussof will turn up at my doorstep to serenade me to sleep. *swoon* Heh heh. Hugz all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!