Friday, May 07, 2004

Gua Nak Kerja .....

The presentation went .. not too well. *Glum* Fortunately, though, the examiner wasn't too cruel ... adjustments need to be made before I can hand over the final report, but ah well.

Needless to say, this makes me feel frustrated. I so desperately need to move on! For the past couple of years or so, I've been completely stuck in a rut. It's this sense of complete .. aimlessness, and lack of doing (something, anything!) has been on the verge of driving me completely out of my mind! I am just so tired and utterly bored of school.

Truly told, I would have quit a year ago had I not gone for my industrial training. The training stint was a real eye-opener. It was then that I discovered that I would love working as an engineer. It showed me that all that seemingly useless information I was absorbing in class truly did have some point to it, that it wasn't just random, aimless babble.

I suppose that's the difference to me. When I was able to physically apply all that knowledge, there was a sense of accomplishment, which was fulfilling. Just knowing it all without seeing it's implementation seemed totally pointless to me .. and that irritated me and frustrated me to no end. Knowledge, if it cannot be utilised, is essentially useless. And uselessness is most definitely a strong pet peeve of mine.

In a sense, it was my saving grace. It's almost a law in this country that if you don't have paper qualifications, then you're next to a Nobody. Wouldn't we all like to do as we please, and have equal opportunities for all? Equal opportunities, my ass. It doesn't exist here. Without that piece of paper, you don't really have that much of a chance in most places. *Sigh* I seriously don't know what I would have done had I not gone for my industrial training. I'm grateful for the direction it gave me, and the resolve to just complete my final year so I can get a job later.

It's funny how almost everyone tells me to enjoy being a student now as I'll probably hate having to work later. Thing is, I hate being a student now! How much worse could having to work be?!?!! lol. No, I loved working, and am really looking forward to it. Perhaps it is simply the novelty of doing something new. This enthusiasm will probably wear off when working becomes more routine and is driven more by necessity rather than enjoyment. Then again, perhaps not. I know a few people who are quite similar to my temperament and they pick working hands down over being a student. lolz .... Well, que sera sera, what will be, will be. If I get bored, I'm sure I'll find a way to reinvent my life. *winkz*

I'll be going to Redang Saturday morning! Yahoo! I absolutely cannot wait! As such, this will probably be my last entry .. well, for the next 5 days, anyways. Hee hee. I'll be back Tuesday. Until then, it's sand, surf and sun time!!! Wheeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!