Monday, May 31, 2004

The Passage of Time

Whither doth Time fly?

How quickly time seems to pass of late.

It seems like only a while ago that I first nervously walked to my first day of Engineering Maths, when in actuality it has been four years since.

It seems like just last week I walked out of my final paper, when it has really been almost two months since.

It seems like just a short time ago that all alone, I first boarded the plane which would take me to Kuala Terengganu, and only shortly after that said tearful farewells in Kemaman, where I left my heart, not knowing if I would ever return. It has been more than a year since. Yet, the memory is so fresh.

Where has all that time in between gone?

Maybe it's an indication of my getting older. I find that things are rarely ever remembered in chronological order anymore. All the memories are jumbled up, like pictures in a giant shoe box, to be picked up and looked at at random. I rarely ever remember when the memory was, I only remember it as it happened. Fond recollections of twelve years ago feel like it only just happened yesterday.

Just before writing this, I was remembering singing Christmas carols in the middle of June with Bern. Due to Hari Merdeka celebrations dance practise, there were no classes. Ben and I sang like it was nobody's business. I think we were in Standard 6. I remember it like it was only yesterday. *smile*

I also remember that when I was younger, time seemed to pass at a more breatheable pace.

"You can wear make-up when you're sixteen."

"Sixteen??!?!?!!! That's, like, five whole years from now!!!"

:o)

Weeks would take forever to end. A week was a week! Now, a week is only seven days, which pass by in a flash. Gosh, it used to be that I could accomplish soooooo much in a week, but of late, a week is more often than not insufficient time to get anything done at all!

Were the things I had to do then more important than the things I have to do now? When I was younger, nothing was serious, and everything was important. Now, everything is serious, but nothing feels important enough.

Perhaps children really should rule the world. *winkz*

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!