Thursday, May 20, 2004

Why Jas Likes Older Men

"Eh, Jas. Apesal you suka dating orang tua, hah?"

So, in response to this oft asked question ...

10 Reasons Why Jas Like Older Men (or 10 Dalil Jas Minat Lelaki .. err .. Matang! Haha!)

1. Older Men are more mature. Like, duh, but you get what I mean. They tend to be more open - and open-minded - for one ..

2. Older Men know what they want .. more often than not.

3. Older Men are more confident.

4. Older Men don't play games. When they do, they're usually quite challenging, which is better, I suppose, than the childish sort. Hey, they might as well be stimulating! Eh heh. *winkz*

5. Older Men don't beat around the bush. *Ahem* Figuratively speaking.

6. Older Men tend to have left their juvenile sense of male humour behind them. Well, most of them do, anyways.

7. Older Men know how to treat women! *Purrrrr..*

8. Older Men know how to woo women .. properly!! *Double purrrrrrr..*

9. Older Men, having been through a lot more, tend to have a finer appreciation of things, and thereby take less things for granted.

10. And perhaps most importantly, Older Men are less insecure, thereby resulting in:
* him not calling you every other hour "just because (he) misses you", which irritates the hell out of me. No, it is NOT sweet!! It's irritating!
* him not pouting and merajuk-ing just because you didn't call to wish him "Good Night". Oh brother!
* him not throwing a hissy fit because you decided to go out with other male friends just this once instead of with him.
* him not accusing you for not loving him enough because you did decide to go out with said friends.
* him not thinking he's losing you to one of said male friends, because you chose to go out with them instead of with him, therefore you don't love him anymore! *sob!* *roll eyes*

God, deliver me from men like these!

No, see, that's the difference. Those aren't men! lolz. :o)

I know what I don't want. I may not know exactly what I want, but I've dated enough to know what I don't like.

Thing is, I like my independence. Those who really know me know just how fiercely independent I can be. Maybe that's why at the ripe old age of 24 I've never been anything but single. lolz. Not that I mind. It's better than being in a restrictive relationship. I need one that lets me breathe, that lets me grow. I don't need to be stifled. I'd rather be alone that stifled.

And to be fair, I wouldn't mind if the man is just as independent as me. Being loving is one thing, and it's totally separate from being independent. Haha .. as some of those I've dated can attest, I can be quite the manja one. Hehe. Don't be surprised. *winkz* The point is, it doesn't compromise my need for space one bit. Even in a relationship, some personal space is good. The glue that binds it all is a healthy dose of communication, understanding, and a good measure of trust.

*Disclaimer: All contents of this blog entry are based on the personal dating experiences of the author. Any resemblances to your own life and/or of others personally know by you are purely coincidental. Jangan marah... If any resemblance does occur, aiyoh, get out of the relationship! Quick!! Eh heh. Just a bit of friendly advice. :o) Author denies all responsibility for any resulting outcomes. Hehe. Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

One potato, two potato, three potato... go!